Erling-Haaland

Erling Haaland scored again as Man City defeated Brighton 3-1 in the Premier League.

Football Sports

Man City cruised to a 3-1 victory over Brighton on the 22nd of October in front of thousands of cheering fans at their home stadium, Etihad Stadium, to keep their Premier League title hopes alive. Erling Haaland was able to keep scoring goals for his team throughout the match, ultimately leading them to victory. The victory allowed the side coached by Pep Guardiola to pick up three points and stayed on the second spot on the Premier League Point Table. It was imperative that they come out on top in this match since they had suffered their first defeat in the Premier League competition in their previous match against Liverpool.

Both teams gave really strong performances in this match, and it was just unfortunate for Brighton that they didn’t come away with the victory. With 466 completed passes and an accuracy rate of 84%, Brighton dominated possession for 53% of the game while also having the most time with the ball. On the other hand, Man City had 47% of the possession throughout the entirety of the game, completed 428 passes, and had an accuracy rate of 82% in their passes. However, in the end, it makes no difference at all because Manchester City scored more goals than Brighton and won the match.

Erling-Haaland
The match hero, Erling Haaland, celebrates after scoring a goal.

There are a total of two goals scored in the first half of the match, and Erling Haaland, who plays for Manchester City, is responsible for scoring both of them. Erling Haaland scored the game’s opening goal at 22 minutes mark in the match. At the 39 minute mark of the game, a foul was committed by Brighton defender, which resulted in Man City receiving a penalty. Haaland was awarded a penalty kick, and he made the most of the opportunity by scoring his second goal at 43 minutes of the match. After finishing the first half, Man City took the lead of 2-0 over Brighton.

Two more goals were scored during the second half of the match, with one of those goals being scored by Manchester City and the other being scored by Brighton. At 53 minutes of  the match, Brighton’s Leandro Trossard scored a wonderful goal for his team. After he scored, the score was 2-1, and there was some reason to believe that Brighton may still win this match. However, it was Brighton’s unfortunate turn of events that they were unable to score any additional goals in this match. On the other hand, Kevin De Bruyne scored the third goal for Manchester City at the 75-minute mark, putting an end to whatever remaining optimism that Brighton had. Bruyne’s goal was outstanding due to the fact that he scored it with a spectacular kick that was well beyond of the opponents’ penalty box. After this, there were no further goals scored, despite Brighton’s greatest efforts to score, which were ultimately futile for them. The final score was 3-1 in favor of Manchester City, who were the victors in this match.

Kevin-De-Bruyne
Kevin De Bruyne celebrates after scoring an outstanding goal.

Erling Halland in the Premier League during the current season, he played in only 11 games but still managed to rack up a total of 17 goals and 3 assists. The number of goals he scored in each game he participated in rose, and if this trend maintained, he would unquestionably shatter the records of others while simultaneously setting new records for himself.

Man City has finished their 11 matches and is currently in second place in the Premier League point table with 26 points. They have won 8 matches, drawn 2 matches, and lost 1 match throughout their Premier League season. Arsenal currently holds the top spot in the table, having amassed 27 points after playing ten matches.

The match between Man City and Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League will take place at the Signal Iduna Park stadium on Wednesday, October 26 at 1.00 am. At King Power Stadium on Saturday, October 29, at 5:30 p.m., Manchester City will face off against Leicester City in a matchup that is part of the Premier League.

Man City vs Brighton

1st Half 2nd Half Full Time

Man City

2 1

3

Brighton 0 1

1

Goals:

Erling Halland – (Man City) – 22’, 43’ (P)

Kevin De Bruyne – (Man City) – 75’

Leandro Trossard – (Brighton) – 53’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *